Income tax filing for an au pair

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Au pairs. and other Nanny topics.

What about income tax filing for an au pair?

Income tax filing for an au pair

An American au pair will almost always a nonresident alien and will be required to file Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ to report au pair wages. As a alien they are ineligible for the American Earned Income Tax Credit, the Hope Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. An au pair is not really a student in the United States and therefore is not eligible to exclude their American au pair wages from gross income under the student article of any U.S. income tax.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Nanny Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Candi Wingate