Reasons for a Nanny Contract
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Nanny Contracts and other Nanny topics.
What are some reasons for drawing up a nanny contract?
There are several reasons why a nanny contract should be drawn up. Nanny contracts can be drawn up by a lawyer or legal aid, or the employing family and the nanny can confer together before writing a mutually acceptable nanny contract.
- Nanny contracts will allow the employing family to state their expectations regarding the employment of their nanny.
- Nanny contracts will spell out the nanny's salary, hours, and benefits, as well as any other pertinent details that should be determined before the nanny is hired.
- Nanny contracts will address the specific care of the children, particularly their activities, eating habits, health care, and entertainment.
- Nanny contracts will address issues such as overtime, emergency needs, use of a car, and extra expenses.
- Nanny contracts will provide some level of protection in response to voiding the contract, usually in the form of a termination or resignation notice that should be issued two weeks in advance.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.