Nanny Employment Considerations
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Nanny Jobs and other Nanny topics.
What considerations should I use when hiring a nanny?
As you work your way through the nanny employment process, there are several considerations that you should keep in mind, including the following:
- Picture the perfect nanny-What personality traits do you look for? What characteristics do you value? How much experience and/or education should she have? What duties will she be in charge of?
- Nanny employment searches-How are you going to search for your nanny? Will you use a nanny agency, the classified section of your local newspaper, or simply by word of mouth?
- Contacting a potential nanny-How do you want to handle contacting your nanny about nanny employment? Would you prefer over the phone or on-line? Do you plan on setting up a meeting face to face, or do you want to handle the first interview over the phone?
- Reference and Background Checks-How will you handle these two items? You'll need to check at least two references that are work related, and you can order a criminal background check to be done professionally.
- Agreements-Once you've decided on a nanny, it's time to seal the deal with an agreement that protects yours and your nanny's interests.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.