Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Summer Nannies and other Nanny topics.
So you're looking for a summer nanny job are you? Before you upload your profile to an online nanny placement agency, make sure to ask yourself why you want to work as a summer nanny. Is it because:
1) You just want to make a little extra money?
2) You love working with kids?
3) You want to watch the family's big screen television?
4) You hope to make a lot of money doing not much of anything?
5) You want to put the skills you've learned in college to good use?
6) You're goal is to eventually become a full time nanny?
It's important to really understand why you want to take a summer nanny position because ultimately you'll be the one reasonable for the children. That's a huge responsibility! Not only will you be supervising those children in their home, you'll also be taking them out swimming, to parks, etc. If an accident happens, you're the one responsible. Someone with safety training, a little early childhood education, and a desire to work with families will be able to handle mishaps along the way. Someone looking for an “easy” summer job might find it a lot more difficult when or if something should go wrong.