Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Part Time Nannies and other Nanny topics.
The fourteen year old girl who comes by every Saturday night to watch your two kids while you go out to a movie should never be called a nanny. In fact, there's a big difference between a babysitter and a professional live out nanny job. Not sure of the difference? Have a look at this checklist:
1) A nanny is a professional with specific training in the field of early childhood education.
2) A nanny is responsible enough to manage the day-to-day activities of the household.
3) A nanny generally has specialized skills in childcare rearing and may have a child or children of her own (although that's not always the case).
4) A nanny works as a professional and expects to make a livable wage for what she does.
5) Part time nanny positions take on much more responsibility than babysitters, including using the family car to run errands, transport the kids to and from activities, and prepare meals for the family.
Think about it this way: a babysitter is usually someone still in school looking to earn some extra spending money. He or she may be the best babysitter you've ever had, but they certainly wouldn't call it their profession. Part time nannies are much more than babysitters, they're professionals in the field.