Tips for Hiring a Live In Nanny
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Live in Nannies and other Nanny topics.
What are some tips for hiring a live in nanny?
Before you begin the process of hiring a live in nanny for your family, take a look at the following tips:
- Create a private area that will belong only to the live in nanny, including a bedroom and bathroom. Give her plenty of room to store her things.
- Once you've hired your nanny, give her a tour of the area, including any places that she will be expected to take your children, such as schools, parks, churches, museums, etc.
- Give the nanny plenty of opportunity to bond with your children without you being nearby. The live in nanny and the children must establish a good relationship for this arrangement to work.
- Don't expect your live in nanny to stay at your home without the use of a vehicle. If she doesn't have her own, be sure there is a vehicle that she has access to.
- It's always a good idea to install a private phone line for your nanny to use with the understanding the she pays for any long distance calls.
- Allow the nanny to place special food that she likes in the refrigerator and pantry. Offer to buy some of her favorites periodically.
- Go over all of the household rules with the live in nanny, including visitors, vacation leave, and overtime pay.
- Do not expect your nanny to work extra hours without asking her permission and giving her overtime pay.
- Respect your live in nanny's private and off time.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.