Live In Nanny Rules
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Live in Nannies and other Nanny topics.
What are some rules I should give to my live in nanny?
To avoid confusion for both the live in nanny and the employing family, there should be several rules that are drafted into an agreement between the two parties. When you are drafting these rules, however, it is always a good idea to sit down with the nanny and discuss each rule separately. Some sample topics on rules could include the following:
- Job responsibilities-What will the nanny's job description be regarding in home childcare and any housekeeping duties?
- Daily schedules-What will be the expected daily schedule of the nanny and the children?
- Meal time-How will menus be planned, and who will prepare the food for the children?
- Discipline-How should discipline be handled?
- Television-How much television are the children allowed to watch each day?
- Visitors-Will the live in nanny be allowed to have visitors?
- Time off-How much time off each week will the nanny be allowed to take?
- Other children-Will the live in nanny be expected to supervise other children who come to visit?