Live-In Nanny Search
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Find a Nanny and other Nanny topics.
How do I conduct a live-in nanny search?
Conducting a live-in nanny search can be stressful. A live-in nanny will, in essence, become a part of your family. Obviously, there will be a period of adjustment for both your family and your nanny. When you are conducting a live-in nanny search, you should consider the following tips:
- Do you have room in your home for a live-in nanny? If not, are you willing to make the necessary accommodations?
- Your family and your new nanny should spend some time getting to know each other before she moves in.
- Be sure you and your nanny understand and agree with all the logistics of your arrangement. Before you begin a nanny search, it's a good idea to write out your expectations.
- Get professional help from a lawyer or legal aid to help you design a nanny contract. This will protect both you and your nanny.
- Be sure your contract stipulates important items, such as overtime, vacation pay, extra duties, etc.
- Does your nanny provide up-to-date and accurate references. When you are searching for a nanny, it is imperative that you check references before you hire!
- What type of training or experience does your nanny have?